Linseed, also known as flaxseed, is the richest source of omega 3 essential fatty acids. It contains 50 to 50 percent omega 3s, almost twice as much as is contained in fish oil. Because it comes from a plant source, it is perfect for vegetarian and vegan diets, although it benefits everybody. Linseed/flaxseed oil differs from most vegetables oils in that it provides linoleic acid and alpha linolenic acid, both of which are needed by the body and must be obtained through the diet.
Linseed improves the quality of hair, nails, and skin, helps to regulate body weight, lowers cholesterol and blood pressure, and prevents arthritis and cancers. It has the following benefits:
• Heart disease – the omega 3 fatty acids lower high blood cholesterol and triglycerides. They also decrease the probability of clots in the arteries which may lead to stroke, heart attack, pulmonary embolism, or peripheral vascular disease occurring. They can also lower high blood pressure.
• Cancers – according to research, omega 3 fatty acids can kill human cancer cells on the same culture.
• Arthritis – omega 3 fatty acids have been shown to be helpful in the treatment and prevention of arthritis.
• Asthma – linseed oil can relieve asthma noticeably by decreasing inflammation and improving lung function.
• PMS – omega 3 fatty acids can relieve or even eliminate PMS symptoms.
• Allergies – omega 3 fatty acids help to decrease allergic response.
• Water retention – linseed oil helps the kidneys to remove sodium and water.
• Skin conditions – linseed oil is renowned for its ability to improve the texture and quality of the skin, and will also alleviate skin conditions that are caused by the lack of omega 3 fatty acids in the diet.
• Vitality – the use of linseed oil can result in increased vitality and more energy. Stamina is improved.
• Feeling calm during stress – omega 3 fatty acids prevent excess toxic biochemicals that the body produces under stress.
Weight / Volume