About White Rice
Although brown rice is healthier of the two, white rice is more enjoyed by the people. It is the milled rice, which has its husk, bran and germ removed, is known as white rice. The rice grains are then polished to give them a bright, white and shiny appearance. White rice has numerous health benefits, such as providing fast and instant energy, aiding good bowel movement and providing essential source of vitamin B1 to human body.
- White rice is a natural tonic, has diuretic properties, is free from cholesterol and has digestive and anti-inflammatory properties.
- The rice is a great source of dietary fiber, which is important for a healthy digestive system, since it helps to keep the body systems regular.
- It contains protein, which is important for muscle growth and muscle repair. The nutrient also forms an important part of hair, nails and skin.
- White rice contains a high amount of manganese, which helps the immune system as well as bone growth.
- Since it is low in fat, the rice is good for people looking for ways to lose weight.
- It is gluten free, thus allowing people to consume it easily, especially the ones who find it difficult to tolerate the protein found in wheat, barley, oats and rye.
- White rice contains vitamin B1, which is essential for a healthy heart and nervous system.
- It contains resistant starch, which reaches the bowel undigested, thus encouraging the growth of beneficial bacteria and keeping the bowel healthy.
- Since the rice is low in sodium, it is recommended for people suffering from high blood pressure and hypertension.
- The powdered form of white rice is used to treat many forms of skin ailments.
Weight / Volume